Saturday, October 10, 2009




UNSUNG HERO OF THE MONTH

Sandra Byrd


My October Unsung Hero is dear friend and best-selling author Sandra Byrd of Seattle, Washington. Three dozen of her books have been published, including the Secret Sisters and Friends for a Season series; an amazing accomplishment.


Her adult fiction novel, Let Them Eat Cake, was a Christy Award finalist. The third book in that series, following Bon Appétit, is the newly released Pièce de Résistance.


Sandra rates as a hero because of her integrity, determination and perseverance in the publishing industry, her devotion to God and her family, and her grace, compassion and generosity as a human being. When I first met Sandra at a writer’s conference in Colorado, she befriended me – a virtual nobody – and voluntarily took me under her writer’s wing. It was her selfless encouragement and inspiration that provided me with the confidence necessary to pursue my own dream of being a published author. I highly recommend you visit Sandra at www.sandrabyrd.com and check out her books while you’re at it. Sandra, this one’s for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment