Thursday, December 10, 2009

Unsung Hero of the Month - DECEMBER 2009


Unsung Hero of the Month - December

This month’s “Unsung Hero” title goes to a couple recommended to me by Emily Tedrow: Meet Scot and RyAnne Noss.


Scot is a “local boy,” born and raised in Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. I recall hearing of his integrity and solid character when he was still in his teens. As the saying goes, his reputation “went before him.” After graduating from high school, Scot volunteered with Youth With a Mission (YWAM) for one year before joining the U.S. Army. That alone speaks volumes for the kind of man Scot Noss is.


I could tell his story here, but words literally fail me and it wouldn’t do it, or him, justice. A recent PBS special on Scot and RyAnne says it all. Prepare to be undone by the sacrifices they have made for you and I, and for each other.


Scot and RyAnne, I salute you both. Directly, and indirectly, your lives inspire and greatly affect us. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment